One of the things I miss most about being able to eat dairy is the cheesy goodness of Italian dishes. After mastering the dairy-free cheddar cheese sauce, I thought I’d try to extend it further. Allow me to present to you my take on a dairy-free Alfredo.
This was so easy to make and it turned out great, however I will suggest some changes that I would make next time.
“Cheesy” Crab Alfredo
-4 cups elbow pasta
-8 oz. chicken stock
-8 oz. Phillip’s Premium Crab
-3/4 teaspoon Morton’s Season Salt
-1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s Basil Leaves
-1/4 teaspoon McCormick’s Onion Powder
-1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s Garlic Salt
-1 bag Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds
1. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. Heat the chicken stock until hot but not boiling.
3. Add the crab to the chicken stock and let simmer as the stock heats.
4. Add all of the spices and stir.
5. Add the bag of Daiya and stir constantly until melted and blended.
6. Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve.
Here are a couple of things I would do differently next time. I would spring for the claw meat. I think it would be chunkier and more flavorful. I would also try to incorporate Old Bay seasoning into the sauce for flavor, but all in all this turned out well and my husband and son both enjoyed it!